Python Self Learning Course
Welcome to Python Self Learning Course
About this Course:
- It is an online course offered by the FOSSEE team at IIT Bombay.
- Students can gain hands-on experience in Python through a series of practice sessions and quizzes.
- It is open to all, interested in learning Python irrespective of their academic background.
- The course is designed and curated by Prof.Prabhu Ramachandran, Dept. Of Aerospace Engineering, IIT Bombay.
- Graded e-certificates are issued to participants on successful completion of the course and online certification test.
- Participants can post their queries on the forum available in the Yaksh Course. Queries will be answered by FOSSEE’s Python experts.
- Register on Yaksh and search for the course Basic Programming using Python(MonthName) by FOSSEE IIT Bombay using the course code "Python"
- Access the “Enrolled Courses” tab to start the course
- Complete all the lessons, exercises and quizzes in a module and then proceed to the next module.
- If needed, revisit lessons for better understanding.
- Complete the paid online certification test in case you wish to receive certificates.
The course will be open for a duration of one month. The course will start on the 1st day of every month and closes on the month end.
- The paid Online Certification Test is recommended in case you wish to receive a certificate for the course.
- The test itself is optional. However you have to pay and successfully pass the test in case you wish to receive a Certificate
- The Online Certification Test will be available in the last week on the 29th and 30th of every month for two days only.
- The Online Certification Test for that particular month will correspond to the Self Learning Course of that particular month and it’s participants only. Example - Online Certification Test for the month of May will correspond the the Self Learning Course for the month of May.
- The Online Certification Test will be open from 12.00 AM on 29th to 11.59 PM on 30th of every month.
- As per the grades obtained, certificates will be issued
- Certificates are issued within 30 business days after the course has ended.
- Final grade on certificate is calculated based on weightages assigned to quizzes included in the course and Online Certification Test.
- For some frequently asked questions, please refer to FAQ section
- Requests to reschedule/postpone/prepone the online certification test dates and times will not be entertained under any circumstances
- For certificate related queries, write us on email@example.com
Enrollment Charges for Certification Test
- Charges are INR 499 (inclusive of GST)
- Pay the amount through this link - Pay Now
- Payments for the online certification test for the particular month can be made between 1st and 20th of that month.
- Please use the same email that you have used while registering on Yaksh
- Payments made in a particular month will give one access to the Online Certification Test in that particular month only.
- Requests for Refunds will not be entertained under any circumstances. Payments made are final and irreversible.
- In case you have failed to take the quiz, you will have to register and pay again for the next attempt. No exceptions will be made under any circumstances
- The payments are non-transferable, you cannot request another person to be enrolled to give the test instead of you. No exceptions will be made under any circumstances
- For payment related queries, write us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedure For Online Certification Test
- Once your payment has been confirmed, you will be auto enrolled into a special Online Certification Test course
- You will receive an email containing instructions and details for Online Certification Test course
1. I made the payment and money got debited from my account but I have received a failure message.
Please provide the transaction details like date, amount, transaction reference number on the email id email@example.com. We will get back to you within 5 days after verifying the details. Please do not make any more payments until you receive an email response.
2. I paid via UPI Payments / GPay, and money got debited from my account but I have received a failure message.
Your UPI payments have probably been processed successfully, however the Payment gateway sometimes provides incorrect responses. Please provide the transaction details like date, amount, transaction reference number on the email id firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you within 5 days after verifying the details.
3. Can I get a refund of the amount?
Please note that the payment once made will NOT be refunded under any circumstances. All the payments are NON-REFUNDABLE.
4. I have registered for the current month but I was unable to take the quiz for this month. Can I take it in the next month?
Please note that the quiz has to be taken in the same month in which you have registered for the course. In case you have failed to take the quiz, you will have to register and pay again for the next attempt.
5. Can I reschedule the Online Certification Test to another date and/or time?
No. In case you have failed to take the quiz, you will have to register and pay again for the next month. Any payments made will not be refunded.
6. I want to make the payment for the course. How can I pay?
Please pay using this link - Link
7. I would like to make the payment by cash/cheque. Is that payment option available?
No. The payment can ONLY be made online by Credit/Debit card, Netbanking and UPI.
8. I have passed the quiz but the certificate has not been issued.
Please note that the certificates will be issued within 30 business days after you attempt the Online Certification Test.
9. I wish to enroll for a different course. Is it possible?
Please note that you cannot change the course after you have made the payment for a particular course.
10. I would like to improve my grade in the course. What is the procedure for the same?
Please note that you can attempt the exam only once in a month. If you wish to improve your grade, you will need to take the course again and pay for the certification exam again in the next month.
11. I have an issue with the name printed on the certificate. How do I get it changed?
Please note that the name on the certificate will be the same as provided by you while registering on Yaksh. Changes to the details of issued certificates will not be entertained. Kindly ensure that the name provided in your Yaksh Account is correct.
12. I would like to update my email id. What is the procedure for the same?
You cannot modify your email ID in Yaksh once your account is created.
13. What is the weightage assigned to the quizzes included in the course and the online certification test?
10% weightage is given for the quizzes included in the course and 90% weightage is assigned for the online certification test
14. I have forgotten the password for my Yaksh account. How do I login?
You can reset your password by clicking the ‘Forgot Password’ option given on the Yaksh website.
15. Is it necessary to upload the ID card? Which ID card can I upload?
Yes. An ID card is compulsory for verification. You can upload any Govt. issued ID (e.g. PAN card, AADHAR, Passport, Driving License etc.). If you are a college student, you can upload your college ID card with your photo.